Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Prey or Predator?

Check out this sick mural I saw in Hongdae:


Hongdae (홍대) is the neighborhood surrounding Hongik University (홍익대학교) in Seoul.  Hongik University has one of the best art departments in Korea, and Hongdae is known for its art and music scene as well as its bumpin' nightlife.  Granted that an exact duplicate is impossible considering its urban and cultural context, I'd say that the closest equivalent of Hongdae in Los Angeles is a fusion of Echo Park and Silver Lake.

This makes me think of Scoops! in LA and how happy the ice cream makes me. It's going to be a longggg year...






1 comment:

  1. That is a totally baller mural. And now you've made me want to go to Scoops as well. I've got one week left so maybe I will!

    Sidenote: did you design your blog background yourself or was it a template? It's awesome either way.

    ReplyDelete